Sunday 19 January 2014

Mini make up ban update

  • Hey Lovelies, 

I had planned to do my empties post but I forgot to bring my things to my parents house, even though I had planned ahead and organised all of my things. 
So instead of the intended post here's an update on my make up ban. I am finding it so hard, I even went into boots the other day and had to walk out because all the beautiful things were shouting me. I felt like the woman in confessions of a shopaholic when all the mannequins are talking to her, if you haven't seen the film it is a must. Anyway I had to leave. 
This week I have been mixing up my daily make up and trying combinations of other make up that I was either given for Christmas or was stashed away in my drawers. 
 If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my FOTD post, this is the make up that I used on that day. 

The new products in this picture are Benefit; boi-ing, Hoola and high beam. I love, love, love Hoola, I received this in my best of benefits at Christmas and have to say that I had put it to one side for a while. It is a matte bronzer, I use this for contouring my cheeks. Its so easy to blend so when my make up ban is over and I have used this for a little longer I will more than likely be purchasing a full size one. 
Boi-ing on the other hand I am not too sure about, I had wanted to try this for ages but because I usually use the Collection concealer I can't seem to get used to this one. I find it hard to apply especially on blemishes. Any tips would be handy. 
High beam, I have used this highlighter before as I have the TROPIcoral set. I love high beam it's such a quick and easy highlighter, you literally need just a few spots on your cheek bones, I usually blend them in with my ring finger. 
So they are the new products that I have been using, the rest are products that I have rediscovered. Bourjois has been a brand which I have been going back to for a few years. For a while I have been using the Rimmel wake me up foundation which gives such a lovely coverage but at this time of year I think that it is just too dewy. So to find this in my stash was nice, the healthy mix gives such good coverage, it also smells really fruity. 
In the winter months I tend to go for lighter blushers as I have really pale skin and anything too dark looks ridiculous (in my opinion), so I tend to stick to colours like Rose D'or by Bourjois, this shade has a subtle shimmer to it making it look like you have been out in the fresh air.
Another little treasure that I hadn't used for a while is the Bourjois smokey eye trio, I love nude colours on my eyes, it's like my security blanket I very rarely use colour (to be honest it scares me a little). I usually use the heaven and earth palette but I've hit pan on my favourite colours, so this was my next go to nude shades. For my eyebrows I used the rimmel eyebrow pencil in 002. I just use this very lightly to fill in my brows on days when I don't want the power brow. 
Mascara was an old favourite, Great Lash by Maybelline. It adds a good thickness and length to my lashes, I tend to use this and the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast which I love but have nearly ran out of, so I'm using it sparingly. 
Last but not least lips, I have been using a different lip stick/ lip tint/ lip gloss each day to see which I prefer, on this day I used the 1000 kisses by Rimmel, this shade is a deep pink/plum shade. I'm not sure what it is called as I have moved it, as soon as I find it I will update this post.          
Most of the products in this post I have purchased from Boots or have been given.
This was supposed to be a short post but yet again has turned into a rambling essay. 
I hope you've had a good weekend. 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment