It's a quick impromptu post this evening. Although I am trying to shift the baby weight I couldn't help but have a go at a spot of baking. I had seen the recipe for Cinnamon Twists on a few blogs, I also had a quick look on pinterest as well. I have become slightly obsessed with pinterest my user name is Missbeth90 if you want to follow me (cheeky I know ).
So I thought I would do my own quick twist on the recipes that I had seen (see what I did there hehe). To make it quicker I didn't make my own puff pastry I bought some in, didn't think that I would have the time to make it with having a new born.
Here's a quick step by step for each recipe.
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C for both recipes.
The ingredients that I used are:
- Jus-Rol low fat puff pastry
- Butter (around 100g)
- Cinnamon (2 tablespoons ish)
- Granulated Sugar (3 tablespoons ish)
- Cut off around 1/4 of the pastry which is already rolled
- Spread as much nutella as you want on 1/2 of the pastry leaving the other half plain
- Fold pasty over so the nutella is sandwiched
- Cut into 1" (ish) thick stripes
- Then twist holding both the top and bottom of each strip
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden brown
- Melt the butter either in a pan or a microwavable bowl in the microwave
- Brush the butter (leave a little for the top) over the remaining pastry
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the butter (again leaving some for the top)
- Cut pastry into strips and twist. I didn't fold it this time to make them longer.
- Brush the tops of the twists with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown
Let me know if you have a go or have any other ideas for fillings.