Thursday 4 December 2014

Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes

Happy Thursday Lovelies, 

This weekend it was my Sister in laws birthday, we spent the weekend visiting Welbeck open art studios and baking cupcakes. 
We had to use an american recipe for the cupcakes as Sannie did not have any weighing scales and I didn't take mine. I will list the recipe that we used and a recipe with measurements in grams as well. 

Cups 

  • 1 cup of unsalted butter
  • 1 cup of caster sugar 
  • 2 and 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
  • 3 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup of milk 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder



Grams 

  • 150g unsalted butter 
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 150g self-raising flour 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder 
You can add any flavouring to the mixtures, we chopped up a cheap chocolate bar to make choc chunks and added these. 


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees F
  2. Place bun/muffin cases into a muffin tin 
  3. Cream the butter and sugar
  4. Mix in eggs and flour a little at a time 
  5. Add baking powder and mix
  6. Mix in chopped chocolate   
  7. Spoon mixture into cases 
  8. Place in oven for 10-12 mins or until golden brown on top
  9. Place cupcakes on a cooling wire and leave to fully cool 
  10. The fun part DECORATING time!! 
We forgot to add baking powder ooops!!





To decorate the cupcakes we cheated and bough Dr. Oetker chocolate icing in a can.(I would highly recommend this if you are not to keen on having to wash a lot of dishes) I did find that the can only decorated around 8 cupcakes though. 

For toppings we used Asda's own popping candy and chocolate toppings which included; white chocolate stars, white, dark and milk choc covered cereal, milk choc covered toffee pieces and brownie pieces. 

We also had a bag of matchsticks, I found that I ate more of these than I used for decorating haha. 

This was the result!!

 

Nearer Christmas I will hopefully be doing more Christmas themed baking, as long as I have the time and energy. Baby is definitely taking up a lot of energy at the minute and when he's here I'm sure I will be very busy, but I will hopefully have more mummy and baby posts :D.   

Let me know if you have a go at making your own cakes or any cheats that you have for decorating. 

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment