Sunday 9 February 2014

Yankee Collection

Hello Lovelies, 
You may have noticed, if you follow me on instagram, that I have a slight obsession with Yankee Candles. I didn't realise just how many I had and of course I still want more. 
I started my collection with the tartlets and an oil burner when I was at uni. With my tartlets I usually burn them for an hour or so, this is usually long enough to fill the whole house with the scent, and then wait for the wax to reset and save it for another day. Which is why they all end up the same shape. 
 These are just a few of the tartlets that I have had over the past year or so, I've tried hard to remember which ones they are so here goes from top to bottom: Fluffy Towels, Pink Sands x2, Summer Scoop, Sweet Pea, Midnight Moon and I'm not too sure what the last one is it has a sweet coconut smell to it sorry. 
I love all of the scents above, apart from the last one which I'm not  too keen on. 
 I think it's safe to say that Pink Sands is one of my all time favourite scents, it's such a fresh scent. The candles are amazing and the scent travels around the whole house. My sister Nellie also bought me a set of 12 Pink Sands tea lights and an air freshener which I use in the bathroom and my bedroom. My boyfriend even agrees that this one is one of the best. 
 My reds, these three were bought very close together at Christmas time, I just can't resist a nice smelling candle to set the mood. Just before Christmas I visited the Harley Gallery at Welbeck, after looking around the market we nipped into the garden centre where I found Red Apple Wreath, I instantly fell in love with this fruity smell, they only had a small sampler left which I didn't buy and regretted massively. Nellie very kindly bought me the tartlet as an early Christmas present. I then HAD to buy the medium jar as I loved it so much. 
Next was Christmas Memories, this smells so good, I burnt this one over Christmas and it made my house smell so festive. 
Last but not least is Black Cherry, this one is such a fruity smell and like the others fills my house with scent when it's burning. 
All of the Yankee products last for ages and are so scented. I have tried some cheaper versions of  my favourite Yankee scents but none seem to last as long or be as strong as the Yankees. 
I usually buy my Yankees from a small shop called Candle Time or from Yankee Direct who sell the candles but at a discount price. They also often have offers on the most recent I have recieved is a discount on Fluffy Towels and Black Cherry, so if you would like to try them at a discounted rate check that sight out. 
As I mentioned at the beginning I didn't realise just how many Yankee's I owned before I wrote this post and I am sure that my collection will continue to grow. 

Thanks for reading, please let me know your favourite scents in the comments so that I can try them out. 

                                               
xx




2 comments:

  1. For some reason I love the look of the tarts being stacked up? haha great post x
    kateward001.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete